Friday 7 March 2014

The Pastor's Husband I'm Married To Can Marry Several Wives ––Actress Foluke Daramola



Actress Foluke Daramola remarried last year amid controversy after her marriage to Mr Sobowale crashed. It is said she was responsible for the sudden collapse of the marriage of a female pastor in Redeemed Church, Pastor Olubunmi, as she went ahead to get married to the woman’s husband, Kayode Salako.

But Foluke is still trying hard to set the record straight in her own way:

You recently celebrated one year of your marriage, how has it been?
I can’t just thank God enough for bringing my ‘crown’, Olukayode Ezekiel Salako to my life. He has made me a contented and complete woman.I feel the best I can feel in life, I am very delighted and happy for having one of the best men of our time as my hubby.

Our readers will want to know how you and Mr Salako met and got hooked?

We never started out as lovers. We are both activists, my platform is called AARA, Action Against Rapé in Africa, and he runs Fasholamania platform and Change Agents of Nigeria, he was just starting Change Agents of Nigeria and he needed a popular face to identify with the platform and I was introduced to him by a casual friend of both of us that knew what we both do in activism. We met and we discovered we have a lot in common, and the rest is history.

In a Blackberry posts, you said people could not believe your marriage would last a year: why?
Yes. That was what I posted. The reason for that is simply because of the controversy that surrounded our marriage and another reason is the general belief that celebrities, especially the ladies, don’t sustain their marriages. So, our marriage lasting a year is a sign that haters and critics got it all wrong about us and are shocked and surprised to see us growing stronger everyday.

What’s the difference between this marriage and your previous one?
Firstly, I was very naive and immature in my first marriage. I will say, I was desperate because many of my friends were getting married then and I thought marriage was the ‘in-thing’, so, I guess I didn’t really know who and what I was going into.

But this one is based on spiritual conviction,true love, deep and mature understanding between two adults in love, ready to be together forever. We have both been married before and I guess that helped us to love and appreciate each other.

There is, or was a general notion that he chased his wife away because of you?
It’s not something I want to discuss, because my husband has told me sternly not to discuss his former marriage on the pages of newspapers. He’s capable of marrying more than one wife if he so wishes, so, I don’t see how or why he has to chase his wife out for me.

Besides, did he chase her or she left of her own volition? or then, should I say the person my ex hubby is married to chased me out of my former home as well? Well, I decided to walk out of my former matrimonial home for personal reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment