Thursday 24 March 2016

Father forgive them


IOI EASTER SPECIAL MEAL.

My wife left me for another man a few years ago. It hurt like crazy. But after a while she got tired of him, so she decided to come back to me. I thought it was the right thing to do - so I let her come back.
Everything seemed fine for a few months but then she left me again for the same man.
She stayed with him for a while but then she came back a second time and I thought everything was going to be fine.

But then she left me again after a few months ago. Every time she leaves it hurts me deeply - like I'm being stabbed in the chest with a butcher knife. She’s been with him for a while now.
But she just called me up this morning and she said, 'I want to come back.'.... Hummm, I’m not sure I want her back. I don't want to go through that again. I can forgive somebody once or even twice but I’m not sure I can forgive her a third time.”

How do you forgive in a situation like that?

How do you forgive?

there they crucified him. We cannot begin to imagine the agony that Jesus endured while upon the cross. But we all know the story - don't we? The physical suffering would have been horrifying. By the time he got to the cross he had been beaten within an inch of his life. His back had been torn to shreds by the whip. His face was disfigured and swollen where they had ripped out the beard by the roots. On his head a crown of thorns stuck under the skin. He was a shell of a man.

.... there they crucified Him.......

They laid the cross out on the ground and they laid the body of Jesus on it. He moved - he moaned - he didn’t do much. They pierced his hands and his feet by driving spikes through them all. New wounds - new blood - new pain.

What happened that day was horrendous. What happened that day was horrible. What happened that day was hideous. Yet Jesus said:

"Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34a

Friends - that leads me back to the original question: How do you forgive in a situation like that? Here is what Jesus does. He prays.
His prayer is short. His prayer is to the point:

"Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing."

Friends my first story about the wife and her husband seems difficult for you and me as husband to forgive, but the fact remains that Jesus has always been taking you and me back when we sin against him and left for other things,

How many times have you been gone from faith and wonder away, today's Jesus is pleading to the father on your behalf to forgive you. You can still come back to him and hurt him no more, father has forgiven you, Jesus has take your plea, please accept him today, tomorrow maybe too late. God bless you,

Happy Good Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment