Wednesday 10 August 2016

A CURE FOR ENVY


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: A CURE FOR ENVY.

... CONTINUE FROM YESTERDAY..

Thankfully, there is a cure for envy. The cure comes in a contentment found in setting our minds on all that God is for you in Jesus Christ.
The task of each believer is to do all he can with what God has given him. He is not to resent what has been given to another and is not to feel he needs to accomplish the task of another. He is to be a faithful steward of the gifts, blessings and resources that have been provided to him.

We are not all called to the same task and we will not all experience the same blessings on earth. And when it is time to receive our reward, each of us will be rewarded not on the basis of the quantity of the blessings we received, but on the quality of our response to these blessings, and our faithfulness to the Lord and our trust of God.

Hear the words of Charles Spurgeon:
The cure for envy lies in living under a constant sense of the divine presence, worshiping God and communing with Him all the day long, however long the day may seem. True religion lifts the soul into a higher region, where the judgment becomes more clear and the desires are more elevated.
The more of heaven there is in our lives, the less of earth we shall covet. The fear of God casts out envy of men.

Psalm 73:23-26 “Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever”.

LET US PRAY
FATHER LORD IN JESUS NAME, DELIVER US FROM EVERY SPIRIT OF ENVINESS AND SATISFY US WITH THE PRESENCE OF YOUR SPIRIT ALWAYS FOR CONTENTMENT IN JESUS NAME.

Share this meal
Good morning friends

No comments:

Post a Comment