Tuesday 18 April 2017

LOVE OF THE CROSS, BELIEVERS LOVE


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: LOVE OF THE CROSS, BELIEVERS LOVE

Christianity is different from the way non-believers live. Instead of revenge, anger, hatred, the believer takes the higher road, the road of love. Why do we love? Because Christ loves us.

If I take offense easily, if I am content to continue in a cool unfriendliness, though friendship be possible, then I know nothing of Calvary love.

If I feel bitter towards those who condemn me, as it seems to me, unjustly, forgetting that if they knew me as I know myself they would condemn me much more, then I know nothing of Calvary love.”

Honestly, loving others is hard. People have a hard enough time loving themselves but as Believers, love is not optional.

We are looking at Ephesians 5:1-7, the love of a believer,

Believers are called to…

1. Be Imitators of God. Paul gives the Ephesians these instruction in verse 1, “Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children.”

The essence of God is love so as imitators we need to love as God has loved us. 1 Peter 1:3-4 says, “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.”

LET US PRAY
EVERY SPIRIT OF HATRED IN US THAT WANT TO SEND US TO HELL. LORD DELIVER US OF IT IN JESUS NAME.

Share This Meal
Good Morning Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment