Tuesday 26 September 2017

When Enemy Attack


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: WHEN ENEMY ATTACK

Psalm 5.

PRAY SYSTEMATICALLY.

David says (5:3b), “In the morning I will order my prayer to You.” The Hebrew word for “order” was used of the priests ordering the sacrifice on the altar and arranging the bread of the presence on the table. Some apply that by suggesting that our prayers should be orderly or systematic, and that may be a helpful approach. I am not as systematic as some, who pray for different categories on different days of the week. But I often follow the outline of the Lord’s Prayer as a pattern for prayer.

PRAY EXPECTANTLY.

David also says that he will “eagerly watch.” It is the same word that Habakkuk uses (2:1) when he says, “I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart; and I will keep watch to see what He will speak to me, and how I may reply when I am reproved.” It pictures a guard at his military post, waiting for the messenger that he has sent to return. It implies that when we pray, we should look for the answer. As our King, we can expect God to listen and respond to our needs as His subjects. So when you’re under attack, take refuge in the Lord through prayer.

LET US PRAY
Your prayer will be answer and you will smile and jump for joy before the end of this week in Jesus Name,

Share this Meal
Good Morning Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment