Thursday 26 October 2017

Why Giving Is So Important


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: Why Giving Is So Important:

1 Giving makes me MORE LIKE GOD

“God so loved the world that He gave his only Son ...” John 3:16 ESV

God is a Giver! He gave us life. He gave us this world to enjoy. He even gave us his only Son so that we might have a relationship with Him. That most famous of verses, John 3:16, shows us the connection between loving and giving. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving!

2 Giving draws me CLOSER TO GOD

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21  NIV

Where I put my money, my time, my efforts, my thinking, my life... that’s where my heart will be! So where do I want my heart? If I want to be more like God, then I’ll also want to be closer to God. When I give out of a heart of love and compassion, I’ll find that I’m also next to God’s heart.

3 Giving strengthens my FAITH

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding.  Honor the LORD with your wealth and with the best part of everything you produce.” Proverbs 3:5, 9 NLT

Nothing strengthens my faith more than giving when I don’t understand how in the world I possibly can do so. Giving the way God gives - and the way He wants us to give - goes beyond our budgeting. It requires faith. The more I give, the stronger my faith will become. This is so because I discover that I cannot out give God. The more I give, the more He provides me the ability to give.

“Give, and it will be given to you... For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” Luke 6:38 NIV

Giving of our money and material possessions is the only place in the Bible where God literally says, “I dare you.” Here is Mark’s translation: “Give with a cup and you will be measured back a cup. Give with a dump truck and you will be measured back with a dump truck!”

4 Giving is an investment FOR ETERNITY

“... Give happily to those in need, and always be ready to share whatever God has given you. By doing this, you will be storing up real treasure for yourselves in heaven - it is the only safe investment for eternity.” 1 Timothy 6:18-19 LB

5 Giving reveals my SPIRITUAL MATURITY

“But just as you excel in everything - in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness... - see that you also excel in this grace of giving.” 2 Corinthians 8:7 NIV

Ultimately giving is more about my spiritual maturity than it is about the actual gift. Our finances are the last part of our personal life that we will release in trust to God. We hold on to our money and our wealth as a form of security. We cannot trust in God AND trust in our money at the same time. Giving is the discipline of learning to trust God. And it reveals to us the truth of our spiritual maturity.

LET US PRAY
May God gives you a divine connection that will turn your life around for better in Jesus Name

Share this meal
Good morning friends

No comments:

Post a Comment