Thursday 21 November 2013

Sermon title: Where is my Helper


Message by Mr Sunday Salami at the evening service
Topic: where is your helper

Text: Psalm 121:1-2 KJV
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. [2] My help cometh from the Lord , which made heaven and earth.

Many of us as a Christian has helper and many people as well has helper and different kind of helper which we can't boast of in open place because some people helper are different to each other and God

Psalmist said I will look up to the hill, where comenth my help and he can boast of it that his own help come from God, and he began to say what God can do

Can you to say out laud that your helper is God indeed?

To some people their helper is herbalist, brothers, boss, friends which they look up to and this people can't help them but God

Use the word of the psalmist to put your trust in God as well, trust in God as your helper also

Mark 10:47-52 KJV
And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. [48] And many charged him that he should hold his peace: but he cried the more a great deal, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. [49] And Jesus stood still, and commanded him to be called. And they call the blind man, saying unto him, Be of good comfort, rise; he calleth thee. [50] And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. [51] And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight. [52] And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.

This is bathemeus he knows the only one that can help him is Jesus and that was why when he saw Jesus Christ he cry out to him, and Jesus didn't disappoint him, if you too can believe in Jesus to day and not man Jesus will be your helper too,

Daniel 3:17 KJV
If it be so , our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

This is the story of the 3 Hebrew who believe in God even when all hope is lost and God help them, where too is your help?
Daniel 6:22 KJV
My God hath sent his angel, and hath shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before him innocency was found in me; and also before thee, O king, have I done no hurt.

Don't forget the story of Hannah as well, she call on God and cry to him and God change her barrenness to fruitfulness

Therefore brethren believe in God and make him your helper and he will help you

Conclusion: David trust in God that was why he was able to defeat Goliath, in all your endeavour trust Jesus and call him to be your helper he will hear you

No comments:

Post a Comment