Thursday 30 January 2014

Loving Your Spouse


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: Loving Your Spouse

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word. Ephesians 5:25, 26

READING: Ephesians 5:22-33

Church planters must have strong marriages. You must love your spouse. This is foundational to your life and church planting mission. It is the number one predictor of ministry success.
When God prepared the way for the birth of his precious son, Jesus, God gave Jesus a loving mother and foster-father. God is deeply committed to the institution of marriage.

I have been appreciating my wife more and more. We are very different. We give each other depth and balance. It hasn’t been easy, but we are life partners and ministry partners.

How can we plant a healthy church if we don’t have a healthy marriage? Our life, marriage and family are to be an example to those who find Christ in our new churches.
God isn’t asking you to give up a happy marriage for the sake of your mission. He wants you to have both a happy marriage and a productive mission.

I sometimes attend a fine local church. When I think about some pastor and his wife there, I think of a couple who are very different in their gifting, but who have been committed to one another and have been faithful in their commitment to the ministry of the church through the years.

As a church member, knowing that my pastor has a strong and devoted relationship with his wife brings a security to me in my church relationship that I could not have if they weren’t happy together.

LET US PRAY
Father, Help me to love my spouse well. Amen.

Good morning brethren

1 comment: