Friday 30 May 2014

HOW DO I PROVOKE GOD’S FAVOUR


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL. . . . CONTINUE FROM YESTERDAY

HOW DO I PROVOKE GOD’S FAVOUR

As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he said to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

So then it is not of him that willeth, or of him that runneth but of God that sheweth mercy”. Romans 9 : 13 – 16.

Though God says he will show mercy or favour upon whom he will show mercy, it is possible to provoke God’s favour.

1. BY YOUR PRAYER

There is a type of prayer that provokes divine favour. This is the prayer that avails much. The Amplified Bible describes it as:
…..The earnest (heart felt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available (dynamic in its working) James 5 : 16

Hezekiah was sick unto death and God sent prophet Isaiah to inform him that he would surely die. Hezekiah’s prayer in Isiah 38 provoked God’s favour and He added 15 years to his life.

2. TRUSTING GOD

“Jesus said unto him, if thou can’t believe, all things are possible to him that believeth” Mark 9 : 23

We can provoke the favour of God by our faith and trust in Him. In Luke 8 : 43 - 48, The woman with the issue of blood experienced the favour of God because of her level of faith

LET US PRAY
TODAY GOD OF FAVOUR WILL LOCATE YOU IN JESUS NAME
GOOD MORNING

1 comment: