Wednesday 14 May 2014

Our Lives Are Examples


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: Our Lives Are Examples

Scripture: "Be careful to live properly among your unbelieving neighbors. Then even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will give honor to God."(1 Peter 2:12 )

I have a confession to make. One day while driving, I made a rude gesture to another driver who had almost caused an accident. But then I remembered that I had a church bumper sticker on my car! I had no excuse to be disrespectful anyway; but, I asked myself, how dare I be rude almost literally in Jesus’ Name?

Can’t Help Doing Wrong

Have you ever had a similar experience? If so, you’re in good company: the Apostle Paul wrote, “I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway” (Romans 7:19 ). Only God’s saving grace through Jesus Christ allows us to be forgiven, and helps us turn away from sin. Paul goes on to advise, “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person”(Romans 12:2 ). I shouldn’t have reacted in a worldly way when I was scared; I should have followed Jesus’ example of self-control.

Light of the World

Jesus told His followers, “You are the light of the world”(Matthew 5:14). So, “we must live decent lives for all to see”(Romans 13:13). You never know when someone is watching you. If a Christian repeats the same sin over and over, what kind of testimony is that? But if you are living for Jesus, you can be a godly example to those around you – even in places where it is unsafe to talk about Him.

LET US PRAY
FATHER IN JESUS NAME, LORD GIVE US A GRACE TO ALWAYS DO WHAT IS RIGHT IN JESUS NAME. AMEN

HAVE A FULFILL DAY FRIENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment