Friday 11 October 2013

Senior Pastor Assaults His Lover Of 5years In Lagos

Senior Pastor Assaults His Lover Of 5years In Lagos

The senior pastor of Prayer Mountain Ministries, Lagos, Olusola Adewunmi, is in the eye of the storm. He is accused of aggravated assault against his lover, Queen Ujiatolor, in the Onipanu area of Lagos.

Although not legally married, the couple are said to have two children together. Their five-year relationship is said to have been fraught with domestic violence; serious beating from the Pastor.

Speaking on their hostile love affair, Queen said:
“I met Adewunmi in 2009; he had just returned from Pakistan where he was said to have served a prison term. He told me he was a changed man and a pastor; I believed him.
“Soon after, we had a marriage introduction and our two families met and subsequently, we started living together.
“However, months into the relationship, he started beating me. Sometimes, he would use a belt or any object he found. After the beating, I would report to his parents and they would come begging me to forgive him.”
Queen said that even during pregnancy, Pastor Adewunmi did not stop the beating.

Surprisingly, Queen was driven out of their home six months after she had put to bed. And another member of Pastor Adewunmi’s church allegedly took her place as his new lover.

She said a year later, in 2012, the pastor came back to her for reconciliation and promised to wed her legally. However, this was not to be as the physical violence still continued soon after she moved back in.

Their relationship got worse when Pastor Adewunmi told her that she must change her last name but Queen said she refused because they had not done a proper wedding. She was forced to move out of the home the second time after the birth of another child in May 2013.

She told Punch that Things allegedly took a turn for the worse on September 22, when Adewunmi forcefully abducted one of their children in her absence.

She said, “On that day, I was at a seminar in Ilupeju when he called me on the telephone, calling me a prostitute. He told me he had taken our older daughter and that I would never see her again. So, I went to his church and attempted to take her away. He hit me from behind and pushed me into a glass door. After he saw the extent of my injuries, he fled.”

The doctor who is treating Queen, Mr Gani Yahaya, said the victim sustained lacerations on her calf muscle and had splinters of glass in her wounds. The matter has been reported to the police.

A non-governmental organisation, Project Alert on Violence Against Women, which took over Queen’s case, has urged police to take the case seriously.

The Director, Dr. Josephine Effa-Chukwuma, said, “We are appalled at the situation and no one should condone any form of domestic abuse. The police should also take the matter seriously rather than regarding it as a family affair.”

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.10

No comments:

Post a Comment