Monday 9 December 2013

WHAT ARE THE FACTS ABOUT GODS LOVE


IOI CHRISTIAN MEAN

TOPIC: WHAT ARE THE FACTS ABOUT GOD'S LOVE

TEXT: 1 JOHN 4:7-12

Intro: There is nothing like the love of God! It is the most overwhelming thing I have ever encountered in my life. It is the greatest thing God ever did for any of us! The reason I can say that is this, because He loved us, He was moved to do everything else that He has done.

1 John is the great book of love. It is mentioned 46 times in 135 verses. It was written to combat a heresy known as Gnosticism. The Gnostic believed that knowledge was power. They felt that they had a special knowledge of God and His ways. John is writing to put them into their place! And, as he does, he tells the rest of us about a great God with a great love for great sinners. It's that great love of that Great God that I want to address for a few minutes. Let the Lord speak to your heart as we consider the thought, What Are The Facts About God's Love.

I. V. 7-11 THIS LOVE IS DESCRIBED IN THE CONTEXT

A. It Is Unspeakable -
I can't understand it, or why, but I know I have experienced it and I can never be separated from it - Rom. 8:38-39

B. It Is Unending
- Jer. 31:3…I have loved you with an everlasting love! God's love is eternal!

C. It Is Unselfish
- Ill. It asks for nothing in return! However, it leads man to repent and turn to God in love - Rom. 2:4; 1 John 4:19- We love him because He first loved us!

D. It Is Unmerited
- Cannot be earned or deserved!. (Ill. His love is based in His grace!) (Ill. Jesus and Jerusalem - Matt. 23:37.)

E. It Is Unconditional
- It is not based on what we can or cannot produce, it comes from the heart of God. Man can never reach a place when he will not be loved by God! God loved us first, He loved us anyway and He loves us eternally!

I WILL CONTINUE TOMORROW

LET'S PRAY

FATHER WHATEVER UGLY AND UNPLEASANT SITUATION WE ARE PASSING THROUGH LET YOU LOVE SPEAK FOR US AND TURN IT TO TESTIMONY
GOOD MORNING

1 comment: