Tuesday 21 October 2014

CAST YOUR CARES UPON HIM


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: CAST YOUR CARES UPON HIM

Text: 1 Peter 5:7 KJV
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

As we come to the end of another year, once again we find ourselves in a world filled with problems, doubts, worries, and fears. We sing “Joy to the world,” but there is not as much joy as we would like. Too many unhappy people walk our city streets. People today aren’t as cheerful as they ought to be. If we ask a dozen people “Why aren’t you more cheerful?” the answers we get are liable to be some form of “Bah, humbug!”
“You don’t know what I’m going through.”

“How can I can be cheerful when my marriage is falling apart?”

“God seems so far away.”

“If you lived with my husband (or my wife), you wouldn’t be so happy either.”

“My kids drive me nuts.”

“I’ve got cancer. How can I rejoice?”

“I’m stuck and I can’t change.”

“People have mistreated me and I’m not going to be happy until I get even.”

“If I had more money, I’d be happy.”

Those answers offer a revealing peek inside what people are thinking and feeling. And they lead us to a crucial insight: What we do depends on what we believe. Action is controlled by conviction. Whatever is on the inside will show up on the outside sooner or later. People who are perpetually miserable generally have made a series of choices that led them to that sad condition. You’re not what you think you are, but what you think, you are. “As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7 KJV).

Don't forget all the promises of God to you
Psalm 23:4 KJV
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Matthew 28:20 KJV
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Song...
Because he live I can face tomorrow, because he lives all fears is gone because I know he owns my future, my life is worth a living just because he lives.

Matthew 6:25-26, 30, 32-33 KJV
Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? [26] Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? [30] Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? [32] (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. [33] But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

LET US PRAY
FATHER IN JESUS NAME
LORD CAST AWAY ALL OUR WORRY AND TURN IT TO BLESSING. AMEN

Share this meal
Good morning friends

No comments:

Post a Comment