Friday 17 April 2015

SHOWING LOVE AND RESPECT TO OTHERS


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC: SHOWING LOVE AND RESPECT TO OTHERS

TEXT: John 13:14-17 KJV
If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. [15] For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. [16] Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. [17] If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

The Bible says we are to love one another.
Sounds good, but can we do it?

I agree with the guy who said, "To live above with those we love, oh, how that will be glory. To live below with those we know, now that's another story.

Even people at church can be difficult to love. Sometimes we sing a chorus in church: "I'm so glad you're a part of the family of God," and then we look at the person beside us and sing, "I'm surprised you're part of the family of God."

Sometimes it's hard enough to love our own family. One man told his wife that if she had really loved him she would have married someone else.

How do we make love a dominating characteristic of our lives?
This is a very important question since it is the commandment of God for us to love and respect each other,

2 John 1:5 KJV
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

I will continue next week if Jesus tarries. Till then, stay in the true love of God

LET US PRAY
DEAR LORD JESUS, LET YOUR LOVE BIND US TOGETHER IN PEACE AND REMOVE HATRED FROM OUR HEART IN JESUS NAME.

Share this meal
Good morning friends

No comments:

Post a Comment