Monday 13 April 2015

THE 7 WORD OF JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS. ( PT7)


IOI CHRISTIAN MORNING MEAL

TOPIC : THE 7 WORD OF JESUS CHRIST ON THE CROSS. ( PT7)

THE SEVENTH WORD
Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commend my spirit."Gospel of Luke 23:46

The seventh word of Jesus is from the Gospel of Luke, and is directed to the Father in heaven, just before He dies. Jesus recalls Psalm 31:5 - "Into thy hands I commend my spirit; thou hast redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God." Luke repeatedly pleads Jesus' innocence: with Pilate (Luke 23:4, 14-15, 22), through Dismas (by legend), the criminal (Luke 23:41), and immediately after His death with the centurion" "Now when the centurion saw what had taken place, he praised God and said, "Certainly this man was innocent" (Luke 23:47).

Jesus was obedient to His Father to the end, and his final word before his death on the Cross was a prayer to His Father.

The relationship of Jesus to the Father is revealed in the Gospel of John, for He remarked, "The Father and I are one" (10:30), and again, at the Last Supper: "Do you not believe I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works" (14:10). And He can return: "I came from the Father and have come into the world; again, I am leaving the world and going to the Father" (16:28).
Jesus fulfills His own mission and that of His Father on the Cross:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, So that everyone who believes in him may not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16

LET US PRAY
FATHER IN JESUS NAME, HELP ME LORD TO FULFIL MY DIVINE PURPOSE IN LIFE IN JESUS NAME. HELP ME TO END WELL.

Share this meal
Good morning friends

No comments:

Post a Comment